The Application - Page 7
MORE FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT FOR PLACEMENT:
More the doctor has to fill in. By the way, the applicant's doctor will sometimes like the applicant's care giver to be there when this is being filled out or some input. Or the applicant themself if they are filling this in. Since a physician doesn't see their patient constantly things may have changed since they last saw them and the caregiver or the applicant themself can have input on these things required for the medical reports.
This page includes:
- Speech - includes adequate, language barrier, aphasic/Dysarthic. Also communicates: by, with difficulty, unable and whether a translater is used and if so who does the translating.
- Vision - typical stuff here. Adequate, blind, glasses, cataracts, etc.
- Hearing - typical as well. Adequate, impaired, aids (left/right/both), deaf, etc.
- Ability to eat - independant or dependant, if they require assistance, difficulty swallowing, chewing, dentures, etc. And dietary requirments. If the applicant has problems chewing be sure to include the fact they require a 'minced' diet if it's needed. And if they require encouragement to eat.. it's here you put that as well.
- Ability to dress - independant, requires supervision (specify), requires assistance (specify why they need assistance), relucant, dependant, cueing, etc.
- Ability to bathe or wash - independant, refuses, dependant, requires supervision (specify why), requires assistance (specify why).
- Sleep - Sleeps most the night, noisy, currently receiving sedation (specify), has difficulty sleeping (specify).
- Safety requirements - includes bed rails, geri chair, restraints, currently in a secured unit, etc.
- Special needs - yes or no. If yes includes: suction, tracheostomy, oxygen, ventilator, glucometer checks, etc.
- Personal data. Includes height, weight, B/P, heart rate, respiratory rate. Also whether they are a smoker, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, allergies, etc.
- Overall care level: light, medium, heavy, wander alert, secure unit required.
The the doctor has to fill in all their information yet again and sign and date it. Thank goodness my doctor as a stamp with all her information on it.
This page has been accessed
© vjr All Rights reserved.